Sunday, August 31, 2008

Ava and the Stairs


We've been studying a lot lately at church the concept of how small 'things' (choices, steps, actions...) can make a big difference in your life over time. It's a very important concept for me as my life is so busy. I don't have the time I wish I could have with my girls. I love hanging out with them and hope that those simple but all to short moments will make a difference for them. I know they do for me!


Something that is very funny right now with Ava, is her desire to go up the stairs. She loves climbing them and will go up them every chance she gets. We have gates at the top and bottom, as our stairs are 14 steps deep, steep and end on our hardwood floor. For Ava, it is the forbidden trail that gets opened every once in awhile.


She usually will race over to them as soon as we leave the gate open. She gets to go up them a few times a day as we head upstairs for naps or diaper changes but those times I carry her over to the stairs and put her on them. But, when the gate is left open, she thinks it is a special treat. Here she keeps checking to see if I'm going to race after her as I usually do to beat her to the gate, but this time I was too busy taking pictures.

No comments: