Monday, August 25, 2008

Another Good-Bye - Kato


Today we had to bring Kato into the vet to be put to sleep. We believe that his kidneys were slowing failing him and so we've been watching for signs. Kato has always been a big cat and he has been steadily losing weight each month, so we knew the time was getting closer. We didn't want him to be in pain just so we could have one more cuddle but I really wanted more cuddles and was hoping we'd get more time with this sweet cat. Kato started showing some sign this weekend that told us it was time and so I gave him one last cuddle this morning.

This is the third pet we've had to put to sleep this year and it is never easy. I love my pets so much and we've had Kato for 13 years. We thought we were going to lose Kato a few years back when he started having problems with his eyes. But after surgery to remove both his eyes, he was fine. He was amazing to watch as he moved around the house and outside. When anything changed in the house, Kato was always the first one to come investigate. He was a great cat and I will miss my big baby.

To King Kahuna - may you now have your eyes to see and be playing with Timber, Dakota and Boris.

6 comments:

Shelly said...

So sorry to hear the sad news.

Shelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sissy said...

Sorry about your kitty Janice.

Julie said...

wow you have had a hard year, sorry to hear. we have 4 animals I cant imagine how eempty that would feel

jennifer said...

I am so sorry to hear about Kato... but I know he is enjoying his play time with your other loved ones. What a rough year.... I am so very sorry for your loss.

HUGS!!!