Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Camping With The Girls


Our friends, the Fiebers, went camping awhile back at this place that not only has the mountains but a sandy beach. When I heard about it, I knew this was the place for me. California and Colorado all in one spot.


The Fiebers went with us and we had a great time with them. Chad and Scott have served together in Church callings and now do some side jobs together. Candace has a great sense of humor and had Scott and I laughing the whole time. The kids all got along great and for our first camping trip with the girls, I think it went well.


Ameya got to roast marshmallows as well as her dinner. Scott also got her a new Princess camping bed that is pink and has an attached Princess sleeping bag. She loved it and couldn't wait to use it.


Due to a bit of noise during the night, Ava didn't as sleep as well as we were hoping; so she was exhausted the next day. At one point, she was sleeping on our bed.


All was well until she rolled off - I know, you saw that coming.


The next day, we headed over to the lake and beach area. One small section of the lake is designated as the Children's fishing area. So the guys hit that with the big girls while Candace and I walked around the lake with the strollers. We then all met up at the beach area and relaxed before heading back home.

3 comments:

Sissy said...

Janice, you are brave to camp with 2 little ones. I won't even camp with my boys.

Candace said...

Oh, we had so much fun camping with you guys! We'll definitely have to do it again next summer (when the kids are a little older) .....And, try not to reserve us a cactus-infested camp site next time! JK

Carly said...

so fun! We went to Catalina last summer and had a blast.