Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Three Little Birds

I've been working on a music play list and was reminded of some music Shelly and I use to listen to at BYU. Shelly lived across from this great group of guys and a couple of them loved reggae music. We would hear all these fun songs and we both started listening to it too. We went to a reggae concert and afterwards were interviewed on how we enjoyed it by a local radio station. I don't remember much of what we said but I think the end had something to do with screaming and saying, "We love you Craig". Craig was one of the apartment guys.

One of my favorites from that time is a Bob Marley song called, Three Little Birds.
We use to play it all the time. I can't believe how long ago that was but am so grateful for all the great memories with my wonderful friend Shelly! Wow - Friends for over 27 years now....and to think we've all been hearing the famous Shelly/Janice BMW story for over 20 years. Who knew the rain was coming in.

Shelly at BYU


Shelly at Corona del Mar High


THREE LITTLE BIRDS
Don't worry about a thing,
cause every little thing gonna be all right.
Singin: don't worry about a thing,
cause every little thing gonna be all right!

Rise up this mornin, Smiled with the risin sun,
Three little birds Pitch by my doorstep
Singin sweet songs Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin, (this is my message to you-ou-ou:)

Singin: don't worry bout a thing, cause every little thing gonna be all right.
Singin: don't worry (don't worry) bout a thing,
cause every little thing gonna be all right!

Rise up this mornin, Smiled with the risin sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin, this is my message to you-ou-ou:

Singin: don't worry about a thing, worry about a thing, oh!
Every little thing gonna be all right. don't worry!
Singin: don't worry about a thing - I wont worry!
cause every little thing gonna be all right.

Singin: don't worry about a thing,
cause every little thing gonna be all right - I wont worry!
Singin: don't worry about a thing,
cause every little thing gonna be all right.
Singin: don't worry about a thing, oh no!
cause every little thing gonna be all right!

5 comments:

mandy said...

What a hottie!! I love the dress!

ede said...

that takes me back in time too.
Remember all of the road trips home for short weekends. "surprise, we drove home"

jennifer said...

And I remember some fun little sleep overs when I would come visit you two! I have a vague recollection of you two running outside in the middle of the night to demand some skrog from those cute boys! Hahahaha!

And wasn't Mark Murphy on of those boys? He was still in the area when I was at BYU and we hung out all the time! Haha! Small world!

Shelly said...

ee-gad 27 years!!! How can that be? Can't wait to see you New Years!!

Boy was that one puff dress. My hair is about that big today from walking around in the rain :)

Shelly said...

ee-gad 27 years!!! How can that be? Can't wait to see you New Years!!

Boy was that one puffy dress. My hair is about that big today from walking around in the rain :)