Sunday, November 4, 2007

A Missionary Lunch

We had a fun opportunity this last Friday, to host about 16 missionaries in our home for lunch. They were in our area visiting with members and neighbors and trying to meet people that were interested in learning more about our church. The majority of the missionaries were around 19 years of age and full of energy. Thank goodness it was a beautiful day for them. Scott moved our living-room furniture againt the wall and we brought in two of our old dinning room tables. I had about 15 friends help with the meal by suppling some of the food and I made spicy tomato soup from my Paula Dean cookbook(thanks Jason and Lisa). I had 5 friends come over to help serve and at the end of the meal, the group sang a song to us as a Thank you. What a great way to end the week!

No comments: