Wednesday, October 24, 2007

AMEYA IS HOME

This last week we got an awesome surprise - Ameya was returning to our home. I received the call from our caseworker as I was checking into my flight at the airport Wednesday night. I was so excited and called Scott immediately with the great news.

Ameya arrived Thursday mid-morning and settled right in. I recieved a call and heard this cute, sweet and excited voice say, "Hello Mom, why aren't you home" How fun is that! Life has already settled into a wonderful routine with our hope and desire that this will continue.

On Monday I was on a conference call with all the "interested" parties and thought that a long battle was going to start for Ameya's return. Court was scheduled for Tuesday and once it was over, our case worker was coming over to visit and give us the "plan" from court.

I was attending a local business conference on Monday and Tuesday morning and upon my return on Tuesday, Scott met me at the door. He had his phone in hand and told me I needed to listen to some messages.

The message was from Linda, Ameya's grandmother and guardian. This is whom Ameya was removed from and yes, it was the second time. She was crying on the phone but told us that she was going to request that her name be removed from Ameya's case and request that Scott and I adopt Ameya. She left a second message, which informed us of what she read in court and that the the court had granted her wishes.

We are on the road to adopting Ameya!

The next court hearing is November 14th, where all rights for Ameya will be terminated. We will then be on a holding pattern for 6 months at which time, we'll officially adopt Ameya. WOW!

4 comments:

ede said...

what wonderful news!
so exciting.
finally what is best for Ameya
congratulations
she is a lucky girl to be in your home
Love Mom

Shelly said...

:) That is FANTASTIC!!!!

Carly said...

Yeah! (teary eyed) We couldn't be more happy for your FAMILY!!! What a couple of Christmas presents you guys have gotten this year!
We love you,
Craig, Carly and El

jennifer said...

Awww...... here I am all teary-eyed as well! I am so very excited for you ALL! That is wonderful news!
Love you all!