Life is good! We are so blessed and grateful for all the love and support we continually receive from all our family and friends! Ava is doing well and we hope on her way to joining our home permanently. We've had one scare that we are still waiting to hear the outcome of but according to the DA's office, seems to be a weak lead. We hope so as we can't image life without our little girl.
We just continue each day as if she is here to stay and that is what is being presented to the courts at this time as well. The next court date is October 31st. We'll be half-way on November 4th as she does need to be in our home for 6 months before we can do an official adoption, sealing and baby blessing.
As you can image, Scott and I are not getting a lot of sleep with Scott taking the brunt of it. Scott get's home from work around 11:15PM and we visit usually until midnight and then off to bed for me. Depending on Ava's schedule, Scott will stay up and wait for her next feeding request. If all goes well, I get up for the early morning feeding and then get ready for work and another day begins.
We are still putting together Ava's room but this is the color scheme we are using. I found a cute light green and cream pillow and quilt from Pottery Barn Kids and that set my colors going towards the green. After that, I just started adding items as I found them. The drawer and mirror set I picked up at a garage sale for $20.00. It was originally a light blue color but was quickly changed to brown and green. The "Bless this Baby" plaque I found at a store and that's what prompted the cream polka-dots on the dresser and mirror set.
No comments:
Post a Comment