Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Connection To Our Miracle

Once Ava was officially adopted, I knew we wanted to met the police officer that found her. I thought it would be great to take her around and say hello and get pictures. I left messages at the station but never heard back and then life has gotten so crazy it just hasn't happened.


A few month's back, Scott did some custom work for our friend's new house on the North side of town. They told us that they knew the police officer that had found Ava. He was in their ward. I didn't write the name down as I thought it was the same one that I had from the reports but it wasn't. I did a search for the name in our Stake but couldn't find him. I must have remembered the name incorrectly and kept meaning to ask my friend but haven't yet.


Well today I needed to make an appointment to have my temple recommend renewed. I had already done my interview within our ward and now I needed the second interview with the Stake. I looked on line to see the Stake number I needed to call and I saw the name my friend told me. When Scott got home I double checked and sure enough, I had the correct name.

Regarding my recommend, I left a message for the Stake secretary to call me back. When he did, he told me that I needed to call a different person - the police officer that had found Ava. I called and made my appointment and then asked him a personal question....Was he a police officer - Yes. Was he the one who found a baby in a box - You mean awhile back - Yes, there were two of us. Well, I told him, "We're the family that got to adopt her.

Isn't that Awesome! He is Mormon, He lives in our Stake boundaries and we'll see him this Sunday and introduce him to Ava.

5 comments:

Craig said...

It is a very small world.

jennifer said...

Aww... what an awesome story!!

Julie said...

such a wonderful thing, so glad you found him and even better who he is! Things do hapen for a reason

Sissy said...

That gave me goose bumps!!!

ede said...

What a wonderful and amazing story.!!