Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Walk Home

I wanted to share what a great experience I just had picking up Ameya from school. Usually I take Ameya and Lexi to school and Lexi's Mom picks up the girls. Today we switched and I was scheduled to pick the girls up. Well on Thursday, school is out early, at 1:20pm. I take lunch from 1:00pm to 2:00pm so I walked up with the stroller. It is beautiful today and I love getting outside when I can.

Ok, so the great part. I picked up Ameya and Lexi from class and started walking back with them. I ran into 3 friends from church picking up their kids and then before I knew it, we were surrounded by lots of other kids walking home in our direction. We saw neighbor cats sitting on their porch in their own cat beds (so cute) and one came over to say hello - you know I was in heaven. And then we walked home on this beautiful day surrounded by lots of kids telling me about their day. Ameya and Lexi were holding hands and chatting away. Everyone was so happy and full of energy and the sun was shinning and I thought this is a great moment.

3 comments:

jennifer said...

Sounds wonderful! :)

Julie said...

beautiful moment

Carly said...

i love it! sounds perfectly pleasant.