
I've been holding my breath for a long time thinking I would awake from this wonderful dream. I kept preparing myself for a phone call or knock on the door telling me that the girls would not get to stay and I'd have to say good-bye. But it didn't happen and earlier this summer we were able to finalized our adoptions of Ameya and Ava.
There is still a part of me that is waiting for something to happen so I've not wanted to share to much of the event or pictures but it is real. I am a Mom and my girls are now Morris girls. How sweet!

We had different dates and court judges for the girls but it was about the same for both. Ameya was adopted first, which we really played up as she is the big sister and it only seemed fitting that she would be officially adopted first. Then Ava's big day came a bit later. These are pictures for Ava's adoption. It was a great day and the judge was awesome. Everyone was very excited for us and the judge asked when she would see us again. Our group laughed and then together said January as I'd already been talking to our agency about adopting more children.
I love being a Mom and... I think we're going to need a bigger house.
6 comments:
Yeah... I'm so glad to see that it is all totally officially. You are a mom now - legally, technically, spiritually, and any other term you could drum up. They are yours and nobody can change that. You deserve this and I, too, hope you are able to adopt again.
Sure miss you all!
~~Janelle
YEAH!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
they are very lucky kids to be in your family
Hooray! We are so happy for all of you!! That is such great news!! :)
That is just so exciting! We are very happy for you and you guys make a beautiful family!
Just Beautiful! Glad your heart may have peace, wonderful family
Post a Comment