Saturday, August 11, 2007

A Week Already


Ava is a week old and it seems like we just brought her home. Our bodies are slowly adjusting to the change in sleep but all seems to be going well. My arm, which I thought was going to fall off after the first day is now holding Ava with no problem. Too bad the "tone" part is going to take longer, as my arm muscle (or lack of one) looks the same.

On Wednesday my office reminded me what Sierra means in Spanish - they said Saw Tooth but after looking it up, it's really Mountain Range, usually a jagged one. This is funny to me because I love the name for what is means to me - the outdoors and the overwhelming feelings of majesty and beauty I feel when I look at the Mountains. Have you ever driven into Estes Park and seen the Rocky Mountains open up in front of you? It takes my breath away every time. The California girl that I am, I love the ocean but the mountains are in a whole different league for me.

Ok so I'm telling this because Scott has never been that crazy for the name Sierra. He only let me use it because it was the middle name. After I told him what my office said - saw tooth, he wasn't laughing like me. After looking it up, I told him the correct meaning but that didn't help too much.

So we already have nicknames for Ava, Indigo Girl (the name on her records instead of a simple Jane Doe) and Saw Tooth. I guess we'll have to be prepared for lots of dentist visits when she get's older. Maybe I shouldn't tease too much about the name otherwise Scott might what it changed.

Thank you to everyone that has helped and supported us this last week. We are overwhelmed by all the kindness and love shown to us and Ava. Thank you! And Jen - I saw your blog :)

You guys know I'm reading them all and yes, I know I've been "tagged" twice. I'm working on it.

And I'm looking forward to "Ede's Art Blog - Go Mom!

2 comments:

mandy said...

She looks so beautiful. I can't wait to meet her. We are thinking of you guys.

Craig said...

Ok you Three, its about time for an update. I hope you all are doing well.