Sunday, August 5, 2007

AVA SIERRA MORRIS


What a surprise we received yesterday!

A baby was born between 5:00am and 7:00am, then placed in a box and left at the police station. This is called the Safe Haven Law - where a birth parent is allowed to give -up their baby within the first 72 hours.

This little girl was rushed to the hospital and the Department of Human Services called. They in turn called our agency, who then called us about this unique and wonderful placement.
She arrived at the hospital a bit cold but that was quickly taken care of, along with lots of tests. Of course, she is beautiful and seems to be very health and happy. The staff at the hospital were so excited for us as we came to meet our new little girl for the first time.

We named her Ava Sierra Morris. She is 6lbs 6 ozs and 19 1/2 inches long. She is very fair and has lots of light brown/sandy blond hair and blue eyes.

For now, she is a famous little girl as all the local news crews did special stories on her during the evening broadcasts. We were hiding inside and the hospital kept us protected. We hope that we can stay hiding and enjoy this miracle. We feel very blessed and are so grateful to her birth mother and the brave choice she made so that Ava could come into our home!


The First Feeding and the joy of looking forward to many more "First"... and seconds, and thirds and forever.

Please keep us and her in your prayers. I don't think we'll really believe it until we hear the Judge tell us so and we have all the papers in our hands.

5 comments:

missingForFun said...

OOHHH MY HECK!!! I'm soo very excited for you!!!!! This is just wonderful!!!!!! Love you both.. Well all 3 of you!!!!

mandy said...

Yeah!!! I can't believe it! That is the greatest news ever! We love you guys~

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh!!!! I'm so happy for you guys :-D :-D :-D It's so wonderful to see the little baby in your arms. She just looks like she belongs there :-) Love ya!!!

((cyber hugs))

Christine said...

Janice, Scott, I am SO happy for you. It's so wonderful. I couldn't imagine too more wonderful parents.

DeniseV said...

Jana and Scott....what awesome news... I am so glad that the news finally caught up with us here in the SIERRA mountains! Beautiful name too...

What a miracle and the perfect blessing for the perfect couple...
XOXO

Scott and Denise V