Thursday, January 12, 2012

To Battle - 2012


One of my favorite places to spend time is on Balboa Island. I always try to make it there at least once during every visit to Southern California and this time was no different. We walked around and saw the lights with a sister and nephew one night and on the last day of our vacation, spent time playing in the sand just a couple houses down from where my dad grew-up.

Of course on this last day, it got to quiet for me. So while Scott wasn't looking, I grabbed some wet sand and yelled, "To Battle" and then threw the sand at him. The girls caught on very quickly and we were running all over and having a wet sand fight - yelling "To Battle". The girls against Scott, I'll let you guess who won.

Too quickly the day was over as well as the vacation and we were in our car headed back to Colorado. During the drive - all 18 hours of it, I had a lot of time to think and I've decided "To Battle" is my war cry for 2012.

I'm not going into this year without a good fight. I don't want another year to pass that I don't do something about my stressed out mind, my soda addiction and lack of water, my loss of adventure, my saggy arms, my inability to enjoy quiet time with a good book or to believe in a Dream and Imagine the possibilities that are out there for me and my wonderful family!

So to 2012, I say, "TO BATTLE"! I am coming to you with great expectations and I will fight for a great adventure this year. It will not be a year that just passes me by as time ticks over and over. This will be a year full of fun, joy, health, happiness, wonder, excitement, prosperity, abundance, success and most importantly family and friends!

Watch out 2012 here I come - TO BATTLE!!

1 comment:

ede said...

you are a wise woman...
and a fun one...