
Since I have young kiddos, I watch a lot of Disney videos. One of our current favorites is Tangled. Have you seen it? Hilarious with lots of action, singing and a bit of romance, a great combination for the whole family.
In the movie, Rapunzel sings a song called, "I've Got A Dream" in which she sings about wanting to see the floating lanterns gleam.
"I just want to see the floating lanterns gleam
And with every passing hour
I'm so glad I left my tower
Like all you lovely folks, I've got a dream."
Rapunzel has a dream that she has been thinking about for years. One day, she sees a way to make it happen and she takes a leap of faith. She goes against all she knows and climbs out of her tower. I like that she doesn't go alone, though the person with her is not always the best helper. Eventually this person believes in Rapunzel's dream as well and works with her to make it happen. Rapunzel has some road blocks along the way but her dream is strong and she does see the floating lanterns gleam. The best part to me, is that Rapunzel's whole life and her perspective changes because she went after her dream.

The movie is a great reminder to me of dreams and what can happen in going after your "Dream", since, you guessed it, I too have got a dream.
I've had dreams in my life and certainly have accomplished some like, after 12 years of waiting, being called "Mommy" by Ameya and Ava. As I accomplished one dream, a new one begins or maybe just morphs into the next part of the dream - like having more time to spend being "Mommy" to Ameya and Ava.
When my "Independent Consultant" hats are on for BeautiControl or Stampin' Up, and I attend networking groups, I meet a lot of women that have dreams as well. I've noticed that our dreams are very similar - to be CEO's of our own successful business; to control our destiny, our schedule, our income and not be told when to start or end a work day and own the ability to say "Yes" to a daughter or son, when they ask to play.
Some of us sell clothing or jewelery, or purses, or candles or Stampin' Up or BeautiControl Skin Care and Spa products but we all also sell, a "Dream". When my BeautiControl and Stampin' Up boxes arrived, they not only contained wonderful products, they contained my dream; a dream to create a business and be the CEO of something I loved and wanted to share! A dream to create a life that would allow me to dictate my own schedule and say more "Yes" responses to my daughters than "No" responses.
However, like Rapunzel, I can't do it alone. I do need others to listen and believe in my dream. I'm not Target or Kohls or Macy's or Nordstorms. I'm the little gal and I've Got A Dream. I have wonderful products and activities that help women feel recharged and pampered. I know other women that have a dream and they to have wonderful products.
If we will support each other, we can change lives! I know it doesn't always work but when I need something new, I hope to support a women's dream by learning what she has to offer and purchasing from her "company".
I want to be a "Dream Giver". I want to support women, their businesses and their dreams. I like knowing that my purchase helps women continue with their dreams and I hope women will help support my dream. It really does take a village. We can't do it alone - so join me in being a "Dream Giver" as well as going after a DREAM!
TO BATTLE!!
No comments:
Post a Comment