
I know I am so behind on blogging. I, like Carly use my blog as part of my journaling of daily life so I won't forget. I have one more week of class and then I'm hoping to have some free time and will try to get caught up....just in time for Christmas.
Yes, I'm still the Relief Society President and I love my calling. Every few months I have the opportunity to teach the sisters. I feel a great weight in teaching and always hope that I can say something worthwhile and something that Heavenly Father would want me to teach.
This last month my lesson was on the Scriptures and loving them. How much just reading them can guide us, strengthen us, comfort us, teach us....and on and on. I study so much more the Book Of Mormon and forget sometimes the great lessons and stories that are in the Bible.
I choose two stories from the Old Testament and used them for the base of my lesson - Faith and Miracles.
The first story I spoke on was the story of Noah. What faith and courage Noah had to do what the Lord asked. That people laughed at him but he continued on anyway even when there was no evidence of rain. But when the rain did come, Noah was prepared because he listened to the Lord - When the Lord asks us to do something, even when it is not the popular thing to do or even when people will make fun of us, or even when we do not understand the logic behind what is being asked, in the end, like Noah, we will be found on the right side...we just need faith to follow Heavenly Father and after our faith we will see the miracles in our lives.
The second story I spoke on was the story of Moses. Again Moses had great faith but I focused on the miracle of the parting of the Red Sea. Who would have ever thought in those circumstances or any circumstances, that the sea would part. Our lives are like that. We can not always see the path that will open up for us but Heavenly Father knows us and knows what path we need to be on. We will have experience with joys and sorrows but Heavenly Father is with us and like Moses, he will part the Red Sea for us.
If anyone would have told me a little over a year ago that our little baby Ava was coming, I would have faulted in my belief. And if they told me the manner in how she was coming and that we would be picked from all the wonderful waiting families in Colorado Springs, I would have faulted.
But it is true - Heavenly Father heard so many prayers on our behalf and knew of our desire and then when the time was right, he parted the Red Sea for us and our little miracle Ava came into our lives.
The picture at the top is of Brother Owens from our Stake. He is one of the two police officers that found Ava that day. He went to the hospital with her and watched over her. At one point, he found himself alone with her and felt prompted to give her a blessing. I don't know all that Brother Owens was able to bless Ava with but I believe she is with us today because of that blessing.
Thank you Brother Owens for taking care of our little Ava and loving her! We are so grateful for you, for the priesthood you hold and the opportunity to know you!
1 comment:
OK
that is a great story and truely a miracle.
Post a Comment