Thursday, September 13, 2007

Smiles

Ava is almost six weeks old and now weights 8lb 7 oz and is 23 inches long. She started smiling this week and though I have yet to catch it with the camera, it is a real treat for me.


I found a great childrens store in our downtown area with such cute girl dresses. I think my budget is going to be in big trouble. Some of my friends are giving Ava and I a shower on Saturday, so I can't wait to put her new dress on. I'm also really into the baby hats with big flowers on them. I've not purchases or made one yet, but I'm sure Ava will appear with one on her head soon. If you go to the Dimples and Dandelions website, you'll get the idea. I know, poor Ava

Don't babies look like angles when they're sleeping. I spend so much time kissing her cheeks and touching her sweet forehead. I love her soft baby skin. My friend Jolena just had a baby boy two days ago. I went over tonight for a quick visit and their son, Rigden, is just under 7lbs. I though Ava was still so small, which she is, but she looks so much bigger at her almost 9 lbs compared to Rigden.


Ava wasn't too happy when I put her down but I had to get a shot of her with the cats. I like this picture because you can get a good sense of her size. Compared to our big cats, she is so tiny. Kato is still almost 3 times her size and Smokey, whom you can barely see, is twice her size.

No comments: