Friday, June 22, 2007

A Wonderful Dad

John Chapman Durkee - Born: March 24, 1928
A California Native - growing-up on Balboa Island known as Jack
Some day I'll write a book about The Adventures of Jackson Balboa


I have been blessed with a wonderful Dad!


My Dad passed away on June 14, 2007. It was such a sad day. I am a daddy's girl and saying good-bye has never been very easy for me but knowning it was for the last time was very hard.

My dad's life and example continues to teach me and motivate me to be a better person. Even more so now that I know he's looking down and watching over me. I love you Dad!

My Dad loved trains and was always up for an adventure or dare. Who knows if he was suppose to be up there but he would have done it anyway.

My sister's and I received so much love and support. The funeral was beautiful and the place was full of flowers. Thank you to all our friends!


The Honor Guard did a presentation at the grave site and then presented my sisters and I with the flag


No comments: